We will walk you through the patenting steps below ;
- Ensuring that your invention is patentable
- Make sure your invention is new by conducting an in-depth patent search on patentscope
- Drafting of the patent
- Preparation of a document describing your invention
- Filing the patent application on WIPO
- Answer any objections or rejections made by the examiner
Before patenting a product, be aware that ;
- The patenting process takes time.
- The patent is only valid in a given territory.
- You will certainly need the advice and guidance of a patent expert when it comes to the patentability of inventions.
- The total cost of patents may be high, thus your invention should have the potential to generate sufficient revenues to cover the cost.